Divination - Remove Rewind

I’ve played in several games where players are abusing the divination tile with rewind. It is the worst when they have the oracle talent. People are using divination to get three rewind tiles and then use those rewinds to gets tens of shields and FBs. This enables them to cover the whole board with their shields and FBs. It is in effect the same thing we were trying to prevent by eliminating shields and FBs. 

What are everyone’s thoughts on removing rewind (like we did FB and shield) from being chosen with divination?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, it took me a couple times to realize it as well. There are plenty of other actions you can choose from with divination. It’s terrible some players are gaming the system to mimic what we were trying to prevent from the very beginning.

4 hours ago, Ethan19R said:

Yeah, it took me a couple times to realize it as well. There are plenty of other actions you can choose from with divination. It’s terrible some players are gaming the system to mimic what we were trying to prevent from the very beginning.

Unfortunately your choices in divination reflect what’s left in your rack, and if you only have some high scoring letters (like z, j, q,) to choose from and rewind, most folks will go with the rewind as those letters can be difficult to place. 
To that end, I also find it extremely frustrating to loose a large portion of the board due to  an opponents dozens of shields and/or frost bombs. It should have been picked up in testing,  not quite sure why it wasn’t.  Now that the game is live I honestly cannot predict how Jeremy may be able to address this. My suggestion at this time  would be to take care when setting your board up not to include divination in conjunction with shields and frost bombs. Strategy is a huge part of this game, as we know. Not only in playing but in preparing the board.  I know tho isn’t an ‘answer’ to the issue, but perhaps this strategy will be helpful until it is fully addressed.  

11 hours ago, Emily Anne said:

Unfortunately your choices in divination reflect what’s left in your rack, and if you only have some high scoring letters (like z, j, q,) to choose from and rewind, most folks will go with the rewind as those letters can be difficult to place. 
To that end, I also find it extremely frustrating to loose a large portion of the board due to  an opponents dozens of shields and/or frost bombs. It should have been picked up in testing,  not quite sure why it wasn’t.  Now that the game is live I honestly cannot predict how Jeremy may be able to address this. My suggestion at this time  would be to take care when setting your board up not to include divination in conjunction with shields and frost bombs. Strategy is a huge part of this game, as we know. Not only in playing but in preparing the board.  I know tho isn’t an ‘answer’ to the issue, but perhaps this strategy will be helpful until it is fully addressed.  

Thanks Emily, seems like that’s the best work around for now. Although it still allows players who have the talents of always starting with a shield/FB in their racks to utilize the strategy still. Hopefully enough players agree with removing rewind for Jeremy to make to change next time he is making changes. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Thomas Fuller said:

I made the change just now! Players need to play one turn on any game that has Divination in it. After that turn is played, all players' Divination pickers will lose their Rewinds.

Awesome! Thanks 🙂