I now have 4 losses for games that I did not know I was invited to and never agreed to play. Apparently, I was included in a 4 person game which ended prior to me ever knowing the game existed or was able to take a turn because 2-3 of the other players had exhausted all the tiles. It seems unfair to lose a game you never committed to in the first place. How do I stop this in the future?

That's an interesting one, and I'm sorry that happened to you. If you post your username, I can remove those losses.

Any response to this will need to be multi-facted. First, I'm curious: which board(s) were those games played on? We worked hard to eliminate cases of running all tiles out, by making Extra Turns non-reusable during a single run of turns. How did they manage to do it?

Second, I'll add to my list to see if I can stop awarding a loss to players who never played a turn.

I am Kwbreezie. I resigned at least one of those games but they all showed up as losses, even the ones I’d never seen before. Here are the screenshot. The 4th game fell off  my finished games screen but it showed a loss as well.

81487F9E-344C-484A-B5F6-055325BD554E.jpeg

56359F9E-469E-4D0A-A4EB-2DACFC1C3513.jpeg

2AA36931-4742-48A3-8BC6-961FE5CDE5BB.jpeg

Edited by Macpea82

Right, that's a limitation of the user interface. It doesn't support a "declined" status. But your actual Loss counter in statistics should not have incremented. I can look at the code again if it did increment, but I'm pretty sure that has worked for quite a long time now.

The fact that your user name is dim means that you either resigned it yourself, or someone did a Kick Idle Player on you. But Kick Idle only works when it's been your turn for 3 days, so you should have seen it.

Unfortunately no. The code doesn't have a status string available for when you left a game and the others kept playing, since the original engine back in 2010 was never built for that. So basically it's a little confusing, but you shouldn't have received an actual "loss."

Behind the scenes, each game only has ONE status flag for the whole game, which is one of: InProgress, Finished, TimedOut, and Resigned. Resigned can only be used for two player games when one player resigns, which ends the game. But in a 3- or 4-player game, when the game continues on, Status is equal to InProgress until the game is over, at which point it changes to Finished. The UI then decides to show either Lost or Won or Tied based on its interpretation of the final scores.

It's something I could improve, and I think I can do it without touching the database itself. I'll add it to my list.

Basically: it's working as intended right now, but it's confusing, and I can probably make it a bit better.

I understand what you’re saying but it was just strange that suddenly I had lost 5 games I don’t remember losing or playing and I found these games that I either resigned or didn’t play in at all. The shots I sent you show a loss that you’re saying should not register but I resigned a game yesterday that actually says resigned when the other players finished. I love this game and I know you have a ton more knowledge about its inner workings than I do so I’ll trust the process.

D67528E5-33D0-4D69-B5C1-293572AA390A.jpeg

OK that is interesting, actually, thanks for posting that.

I think we may need to do some experimentation to figure out how to reproduce what happened with those games. Since you don't remember doing anything with them, but the game clearly shows that you resigned them, it's difficult for me to know what to look at.