Melodie Mary

Poll: Fear of Darkness Story Line Boards

Fear of Darkness Story Line Boards.   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the FOD Story Line Boards do you like best ? You can pick more than one so pick the ones you enjoy or play the most. Then tell us why! 

• Night Begins to Fall
    • Full Moon Rising
    • Pumpkin Patch
    • Elm Street
    • Power Failure
    • Fires in the Dark
    • Corrupting Influence
    • The House on the Hill
    • The Haunting
    • Hall of Horrors
    • The Dark Forest
    • Abandoned Cemetery
    • The Witch's Lair
    • Decent Into Chaos
    • The Abyss
    • Portal to Beyond

Which of the FOD Story Line Boards do you like best ? You can pick more than one so pick the ones you enjoy or play the most. Then tell us why! 

I like all of the boards except for one right now. I’m sure the longer I play FOD I’ll come to like some more than others. I like the fact they have so much going on at once. I love love love the fact the boards change from turn to turn. 

For adventure junkies, FOD boards are the next adventurous thrill in words. 

The Library isn’t my favorite. It’s ok and I’ve played it a few times but it’s not as exciting as the others. I tend to not play boards like The Chapel and The Library because they just can’t compete in adventure seeking thrills like the rest of the boards. Honestly, you’ve done a fantastic job with all of them. I still play WOW 1. When I look at where you started to where your boards are now, it’s amazing. 

• Like 1

Yeah I agree, but not all boards can be amazing! Haha. And sometimes you just want to immerse yourself in a library (or at least I do).

And thank you! I, too, am amazed at how far this game series has come since 2010. I never imagined what this engine could do way back then. It's really fun to see!

Get ready for THE GREAT BEYOND next year, which is our outer space world. After that we'll head to a fictional planet, DRAGONS OF DESTINY, where we get to experience castles and dragons and other fun fantasy-themed things. After that we'll head underwater in LEGENDS OF THE DEEP.

I've got nothing beyond that. 😉

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Jeremy Thomas Fuller said:

Yeah I agree, but not all boards can be amazing! Haha. And sometimes you just want to immerse yourself in a library (or at least I do).

And thank you! I, too, am amazed at how far this game series has come since 2010. I never imagined what this engine could do way back then. It's really fun to see!

Get ready for THE GREAT BEYOND next year, which is our outer space world. After that we'll head to a fictional planet, DRAGONS OF DESTINY, where we get to experience castles and dragons and other fun fantasy-themed things. After that we'll head underwater in LEGENDS OF THE DEEP.

I've got nothing beyond that. 😉

OMG!!!!  I love all of these ideas!  Your games have really been phenomenal.  I started playing the original one in 2008....i try to recruit people to play... i love this game!  Thank you so much for sticking with it and bringing all of your creative ideas to this platform.  And I will be patiently (not so much) waiting for the legends of the deep...lol

Still feeling I haven’t had that many opportunities to play boards to the extent that I can make a really informed choice but have chosen these 3 because:

1) I feel I’m beginning to get a handle on how Elm Street can be made to work. I still think there’s rather too much scenery  that may put less seasoned players off;

2)Full Moon Rising -  I’ve had possibly 2 goes at playing this board - nominated it because I love the artwork on here:

3) Abandoned Cemetery just because I love the numerous ghosts and the opportunity to zap them!

I am still finding out! Even boards I think I’ve played the most keep offering up new revelations each time I try them. I think if I picked some now they would probably be different to what I picked in 6 months time.