If you experience something you think is a bug, please post it here.  Please include ALL steps to reproduce, with a clear and precise description of the issue, including screenshots to illustrate the issue. Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Duplicatable by having Talents off, with Fire and Rain on the board. The game allows you to place a letter directly in the center of the rain’s area of effect, even if the space is currently on fire.

We've researched this before during testing when I noticed something similar.  It turns out that the definitions of those stats are not quite what you're thinking they are.  For instance you can't add

Server hotfixes: June 11, 2:47 PM PST: The board description for Deforestation now says that 10 bombs will be provided The Abyss: On this board, the multiplier now goes up by 100 per

Posted Images

This is just a cosmetic issue that I noticed, super low priority.  But I'm noticing that when my Whirlwind flips over a Tarot Card on someone else's turn, the Combat Log claims that the player whose turn it is did the flip.  It's only cosmetic, because it still gives me the points.

I've been starting a lot of 4-player Elm Street games with the purpose of racking up a lot of Tarot Card flips for the "The Prophet" achievement.  So I play Whirlwind(s) specifically placed so that it will destroy pumpkins and gourds on the left or the right side of the street on the next few other players' turns.  I may not be able to move the Whirlwind, but the ground underneath it will.  So that's how to reproduce.  The following results:

IMG_1991.jpeg.f3a1dd188f7a76a47df8048d868dffbc.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg.ec341f66b106db71d30153c24bed4c2b.jpeg

I chose this one as it clearly highlights that clemep8 (hope they don't mind), was granted 2 different amount of points for flipping a tarot card because I have the Fortune Teller talent and they don't.  However, further down, we see that I was granted the points from what my whirlwind did.

Again, as the points are properly distributed at the end, this is just cosmetic and super low priority.

Edited by Reuben
  • Logged 1

@Jeremy Thomas Fuller, I apologize for not having all steps to reproduce on this one.  But the bug here is very easy to show.  These are my "Statistics For This Game" in a game between myself and @Ga Peach where we are trying to achieve "It Doesn't Look Like Anything to Me" on the "Descent into Chaos" board so we have been very careful only to play in the marauding areas of Light and Corruption floating around the board.  And monitoring our game stats to make sure it doesn't think we've played outside of the Corruption either.

World
hochstrd
G:373283
dfc39027ff7242ca9339d9385db8ee4d

According to my stats, I've played a total of 28 letters (which the Combat Log corroborates).  28 (all) of which were played in Corruption.  And 4 of which were played outside of Corruption!?  Same is true for inside and outside of Light?  There's no ice on the board, and that's not self-contradicting, so that's nice.

We are playing with Bomb, Whirlwind, Whirlpool (2 of which have been played already), Star, Lightning, Rewind, Snowflake, Dark Bomb and Divination.

I have Sleight of Hand, Triple Reservations, Fortune Teller, First Responder, Rainstorm, Thunderstorm, Climate Change (and their requirements).

@Ga Peach has Ghost Hunter, Triple Reservations, Rainstorm, High Wind Warning, Rewind in Reserve, and Oracle.

This statistical mismatch has happened to both of us.  For her she's played 33 letters total yet has played 44 in corruption and 39 outside of corruption.

Is it possible that Whirlpool is "replaying" letters or that Extra Turn is causing a multiple count?  I'm leaning toward Extra Turn as it would explain why I'm only off by 4 but @Ga Peach is much further off from the math making sense.

IMG_1995.thumb.jpeg.2d8e42a984e722a3ab800ca3a4d25d34.jpeg

Edited by Reuben

Extra Turn could be to blame, but someone would need to verify. However, I won't fix that if it's the case, as it would require a full re-architecting of a lot of stuff just for a couple achievements. Try obtaining the achievement without using Extra Turn. It was previously tested and is obtainable.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Jeremy Thomas Fuller said:

Extra Turn could be to blame, but someone would need to verify. However, I won't fix that if it's the case, as it would require a full re-architecting of a lot of stuff just for a couple achievements. Try obtaining the achievement without using Extra Turn. It was previously tested and is obtainable.

Did some more experimentation and it is definitely the result of taking Extra Turns.  We're starting over with this in mind and a new target for our Whirlwinds! 🙂

Yeah this is because the way Corruption and some other things (whether you played in Ice, I think, and some others) is detected based on the LastPlayed layer. The LastPlayed layer keeps getting added to during every turn of an Extra Turn streak, which is how the client is able to highlight all those letters at once for the next player. I can't modify any of this realistically, which is why we'll just have to deal with this specific idiosyncrasy when it comes to those achievements.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

@Jeremy Thomas Fuller this is not a bug report.  This is me trying to leave a helpful tip to others for something that may look like a bug but isn't and can be self-rectified.

I just had a game end where I was expecting an achievement to award.  It didn't happen.  I was confused.  But before I got upset, I started checking things.  

1. Did it's avatar and/or title appear in the list of choosable ones?  (Assuming it had one.)
    1. Nope
  2. Did it appear at the top of Recent Achievements
    1. Nope
  3. Did it still list in its Achievement Group as obtainable?
    1. Nope
    2. Wait, what?
    3. It's in the list of obtained achievements.  Hmmm.  Half-awarded then.
  4. Force Quit app and Restart
    1. Is logging into Game Center stuck in a seemingly endless spin?
    2. Yes it is.
  5. Okay, so not the game's fault.  Device was acting funky in other ways, let's reboot.
  6. Launch app again.
    1. Finally logs in to Game Center, yay!
  7. Play a turn in another game.
    1. Achievement awarded (and properly in the chat of the game where it belonged).

If something like this happens to you, run through the check list first.  While Jeremy can fix things in the back end, you might be able to get it to finish on your own.

Edited by Reuben
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Hi, clemep8 and I are trying to figure out how a Lightning works on the Abyss board. The writeup says that lightning played anywhere powers up corruption (and the whole board is corruption) but it doesn’t seem to be working that way for us. Are there rules about this? It seems inconsistent...sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t, and we can’t figure out the reason one play would be different from another. Thanks.

P.S.  I can screenshot the combat log if needed. It really just shows lightning played that increases the power of corruption and lightning played that doesn’t. Played in different spots perhaps, but this board is said to have corruption throughout, and “lightning played anywhere will power it up.”

Edited by Crystal

1,000 point bingo for playing all of your tiles sometimes awards a lesser bonus. I haven't yet figured out how to reproduce this consistently, but I have seen it happen twice now.

First time in a game with @Debbie (bombus pratorum)

World
hochstrd
G:373283
995f56dd8a2b430bb5e5113413c8aaa0

Turn 5: Player 1
5/2/2020 11:51:46 PM UTC
Tiles Played: Whirlwind; T; Power Surge; R; U; Lantern (Square); Lantern (Column); E; Whirlwind; Bomb
bombus pratorum purchased a tile from the Reserves!
1,000 POINT BINGO! bombus pratorum played 10 tiles at once (with a mix of actions and letters), earning an extra 1,000 points!
bombus pratorum gained 90 points from Rain
hochstrd gained 30 points from Rain
Bomb tile destroyed hochstrd's tiles for 6 points
ES for 2 points
TRUE for 8 points
bombus pratorum gained 38 points from Lantern
bombus pratorum gained 78 points from Power Surge!
----------
bombus pratorum gained 1,216 points
hochstrd lost 6 points and gained 30 points, for a total score of 24
----------
bombus pratorum ended the turn with 1,543 points
hochstrd ended the turn with 182 points

Turn 12: Player 2
5/3/2020 4:26:40 PM UTC
Tiles Played: Whirlwind; Wildcard; 5L; X; A; C; T; Snowstorm Left; 8W; A
A snowstorm blows in from the east!
40 POINT BINGO! hochstrd played 8 tiles at once (with a mix of actions and letters), earning an extra 40 points!
hochstrd gained 110 points from Rain
Whirlwind destroyed bombus pratorum's tiles for 400 points
hochstrd gained 56 points from the Snowstorm due to letters played on Ice!
AR for 16 points
EXACTA for 480 points
bombus pratorum gained 1 point from Lantern
----------
bombus pratorum lost 400 points and gained 1 point, for a total score of -399
hochstrd gained 702 points
----------
bombus pratorum ended the turn with 1,993 points
hochstrd ended the turn with 1,656 points

@Debbie is Player 1, on turn 5 she played all her tiles and got the 1,000 point bingo.  This is a Capture the Idol board game, and the way it's setup, those bingos are going to matter; otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed this.  I'm Player 2 and on Turn 12, I also played all of my tiles (trying to catch up) but was only awarded the 40 point bingo.

Then, more recently, I played all of my tiles in a 4-player game with Cbtennis, @BombChelle and @Melodie Mary. As I was on the look out for this, I checked.

Turn 30: Player 1
5/6/2020 2:18:38 AM UTC
Tiles Played: N; E; A; Snowflake; T; Extra Turn; Wildcard; Rewind; Lightning; Snowstorm Up
hochstrd rewound their rack with a Rewind tile!
A snowstorm blows in from the south!
40 POINT BINGO! hochstrd played 8 tiles at once (with a mix of actions and letters), earning an extra 40 points!
Lightning tile destroyed Cbtennis's tiles for 5 points
Lightning tile destroyed HarmonyHavoc's tiles for 1,150 points
hochstrd gained 110 points from the Snowstorm due to letters played on Snow!
An Extra Turn tile was activated, causing the Snowstorm to extend an extra turn!
NEATH for 1,463 points
EN for 102 points
hochstrd earned an extra turn with the Extra Turn tile!
----------
hochstrd gained 1,715 points
Cbtennis lost 5 points
HarmonyHavoc lost 1,150 points
----------
hochstrd ended the turn with 48,214 points
Cbtennis ended the turn with 88,985 points
BombChelle23 ended the turn with 4,321 points
HarmonyHavoc ended the turn with 1,170 points

The only similar thing that stands out (to me) as a commonality between the two turns is that I played a Snowstorm both times (which wasn't true for @Debbie's successful one).

On 5/6/2020 at 12:01 PM, Reuben said:

1,000 point bingo for playing all of your tiles sometimes awards a lesser bonus. I haven't yet figured out how to reproduce this consistently, but I have seen it happen twice now.

The only similar thing that stands out (to me) as a commonality between the two turns is that I played a Snowstorm both times (which wasn't true for @Debbie's successful one).

Follow-up on this.  I've replicated the behavior.  Playing all 10 of your tiles only gives you the 40 point bingo (for playing 8 of your tiles with a mix of actions and letters) when one of those tiles is a Snowstorm.  It appears that so long as none of the tiles are a snowstorm, the 1000 point bingo results.  I haven't tested with all action tiles to make absolutely sure nothing else triggers this issue, but I'm highly confident that Snowstorm does.

• Logged 1
On 5/5/2020 at 3:37 PM, Crystal said:

Hi, clemep8 and I are trying to figure out how a Lightning works on the Abyss board. The writeup says that lightning played anywhere powers up corruption (and the whole board is corruption) but it doesn’t seem to be working that way for us. Are there rules about this? It seems inconsistent...sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t, and we can’t figure out the reason one play would be different from another. Thanks.

P.S.  I can screenshot the combat log if needed. It really just shows lightning played that increases the power of corruption and lightning played that doesn’t. Played in different spots perhaps, but this board is said to have corruption throughout, and “lightning played anywhere will power it up.”

This is a bug that occurs with corruption on nearly every board since we were in the alpha testing mode, through beta, and into the live game. Most recently it happened for me on the Magic Carpet Board. Sometimes the corruption powers up and sometimes it doesn't. However, as far as I know no one has figured out a way to consistently duplicate it as it is very random. So until one of us can figure out a way to consistently duplicate this bug, Jeremy is unable to investigate or test it. So it for now it is just taking a chance to use lightning to use it to power up corruption as if it will work or if you are wasting your lightning. I am sorry that there isn't a better answer for this. 

• Thanks 1

I have another question, this one about leaderboards. In the game screen-shotted here, clemep8’s score is showing on the leaderboards, but mine isn’t (though it’s higher than his). Can’t figure out why that would be the case? Thanks.

4309E3D3-AE15-4A2D-9CAF-EF2C5E6D2A48.png

3 hours ago, Crystal said:

spacer.pngI have another question, this one about leaderboards. In the game screen-shotted here, clemep8’s score is showing on the leaderboards, but mine isn’t (though it’s higher than his). Can’t figure out why that would be the case? Thanks.

A number of the leaderboards are "flaky" and the issue appears to be on Apple's side of the equation.  This has been a  known issue for a long time and there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done about it.  In my experience, the following leaderboards can be trusted:

• Bingos
  • Damage Done in a Single Turn
  • Achievements Earned
  • Titles Obtained
  • Nightmare Wins

The rest, not so much.  I mean, according to the boards, I most recently won a game on 2019-07-06, my 124th.  Of those, 155 of them were won in Nightmare Mode, most recently on 2020-05-15.  My only quadrillion point game also didn't get recorded (although my opponent's did), so I feel for you!

• Like 1

Duplicatable by starting a game on any board with a Yeti with both Animations and Advanced Animations turned off.  The Yeti's are still... muscle flexing?  Breathing?  Whatever it is they do patiently while they wait for me to make a move.  I fully expect them to animate throwing the snowballs between turns, but not while I'm deciding on what to do.  I'd post a screenshot, but I don't know how to capture motion.

• Logged 1

Duplicatable by having Talents off, with Fire and Rain on the board. The game allows you to place a letter directly in the center of the rain’s area of effect, even if the space is currently on fire. Only the center is affected. I would not have noticed if it weren’t for the new red X’s, so this bug may have been present and gone unnoticed for a long time. 

and to showcase my new screen capture skills...

• Logged 1
  • Smile 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Did you know that your score can flip to negative if it gets too high? This happened to clemep8 in a game we are still working through, at a little over 9 quintillion. It was the Abyss board and his multiplier was also very high....not sure if it was the multiplier or the total score that pushed it over the edge. 

On 6/8/2020 at 4:57 PM, Crystal said:

Did you know that your score can flip to negative if it gets too high? This happened to clemep8 in a game we are still working through, at a little over 9 quintillion. It was the Abyss board and his multiplier was also very high....not sure if it was the multiplier or the total score that pushed it over the edge. 

Maximum decimal number that can be stored in a signed 64-bit integer is: 9,223,372,036,854,775,807

Which is a little over 9 quintillion.  That's awesome.

If it's changed to 128-bit signed integer the maximum is: 170,141,183,460,469,231,731,687,303,715,884,105,727

Which is a little over 170... looks up naming convention... undecillion.  At least from US reckoning.  To be precise 2^127 - 1.

• Like 1

Haha yeah, the game was upgraded when World of Words came out to support 64-bit signed integers. That's unfortunately the maximum score. I think I'll need to create a multiplier maximum on the Abyss board, since players shouldn't be getting that high. Any idea what the multiplier was?

• Like 1

It’s probably not a bug, but I realize for the Deforestation Board, you don’t ever start with tiles you’re supposed to from talents. For example, the talent where you always start a game with a star in your rack, etc. 

Will you be given that star or other tile you were supposed to have in your rack at the beginning at a later point in the game? Or are those talents just a waste on that board?

17 hours ago, Jeremy Thomas Fuller said:

Haha yeah, the game was upgraded when World of Words came out to support 64-bit signed integers. That's unfortunately the maximum score. I think I'll need to create a multiplier maximum on the Abyss board, since players shouldn't be getting that high. Any idea what the multiplier was?

Yes! Or pretty close. It went negative on turn 656 with a multiplier of (I think) 257,001.

4 hours ago, Ethan19R said:

It’s probably not a bug, but I realize for the Deforestation Board, you don’t ever start with tiles you’re supposed to from talents. For example, the talent where you always start a game with a star in your rack, etc. 

Will you be given that star or other tile you were supposed to have in your rack at the beginning at a later point in the game? Or are those talents just a waste on that board?

They're a waste on that board. The board description actually mentions that already:

On this board, each player begins with eight Bomb tiles in their racks. Use the Bombs to clear away the rainforest, revealing the ground below. On this board, talents which provide a tile to you in your opening rack do not function.

58 minutes ago, Jeremy Thomas Fuller said:

They're a waste on that board. The board description actually mentions that already:

Right, I read the board description. I guess it’s supposed to say start with 10 bombs, not 8. I assumed 8 of the 10 tiles would be bombs. Thanks!

Server hotfixes:

June 11, 2:47 PM PST:

• The board description for Deforestation now says that 10 bombs will be provided
  • The Abyss: On this board, the multiplier now goes up by 100 per turn (down from 1000 per turn)
  • Divination: This tile can no longer be used to obtain Rewind tiles, and the Armory has been updated to reflect that fact. This update requires one turn to be played on any game that includes Divination.

• Like 2